7/21/2011

Update on my health

I have had some lovely well-wishers the last couple of weeks as well as those who have expressed their concern for me, which did actually bring a tear to my eye when I read their messages!
I have realised I have been a little vague and cryptic about my being under the weather, and just wanted to update you on what's been going on with me!

I have been suffering from a mixture of illness; when I get ill, I typicallyget everything at once! I think I did not fully recover from my flu and chest infection back in February, and I think the tiredness has caught up with me. Some of you may know that I suffer from M.E and have had it for 5 years now, and I am now mostly adapted to managing it. However, I have been suffering from mild anxiety for a while and over the last three months, I have had increasingly bad back pain (which I have had a history of) which has led to some incredibly annnoying symptoms such as dizziness and nausea. Essentially, I have been too tired and in too much pain to be able to shoot, or even get out of the house often in the last couple of weeks, and so I am taking my time to rest up. Please don't worry about me, as after just one session of physiotherapy today, I am already beginning to feel slightly better! As for the anxiety, that is mostly caused by my constant hunger to work and shoot and get better, and become a great photographer- that will pass in time,as I am a silly little thing!

I am really excited to plan shoots with new people and new faces. I am finally making  habit of sketching ideas and this is helping me get inspired and organised for when I am back out shooting! At least my body chose a time to need rest when the weather is a bit too dismal to shoot in! Fingers crossed for sunny weather and photo days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad to hear you are getting better. Your work will always be amazing in my eyes, your my inspiration and what I look to become one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you sound like you're having a hell of a time! I know that feeling of having a million illnesses at once, it seems to be the way. In 2009 I suffered from a really really bad bout of anxiety at the same time as having whooping cough as well as a cold! I found your blog through racing minds magazine and I have to say you're absolutely amazing! I'm following you now so I can't wait to see you updating with more photos. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete